Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips
Avoid stirring or turning the potatoes as they bake on each side. Moving them around will cause them to stick, tearing the crispy surface from the chip.
Martha Stewart Living, May 1997
- 4 medium Yukon Gold, or red potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds), scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Malt vinegar, for drizzling
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place two baking sheets, preferably nonstick, in the oven, and let heat for about 10 minutes.
- Slice potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven, and arrange potato slices on sheets in a single layer. Bake until potatoes are golden on the bottom side, about 30 minutes. Turn potatoes over, and bake until they are golden brown all over, about 15 minutes more. Remove from oven, drizzle with vinegar, and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.