Martha Stewart Living, September 2005
- 16 small beets, half golden and half red, stems trimmed to 1 inch
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle beets with 1/4 cup oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil. Bake until tender, about 65 minutes.
- Let cool. Rub off skins with paper towels; discard skins. Cut into wedges. Put golden and red beets into separate bowls.
- Whisk vinegar and remaining oil in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle beets in bowls with dressing. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Toss together just before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.