Martha Stewart Living, March 2010
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Yield Makes 8
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Pulse walnuts in a food processor until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl, and whisk in flour and salt.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla until pale and fluffy. Slowly add walnut mixture, and beat until just combined.
- Butter an 8-inch round cake pan. Transfer dough to pan.
Place a piece of plastic wrap on dough, and use it to press
the dough evenly into pan (this will prevent the dough from
sticking to your fingers). Cut dough into 8 wedges using a
paring knife. Prick all over with a wooden skewer or fork.
- Bake until golden brown and firm in center, 30 to 35 minutes.
Transfer pan to a wire rack. Recut into wedges and prick
again. Let cool slightly. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.