Trout with Cream, Chorizo, and Peppers
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and deveined
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and deveined
- 1 small onion, sliced 1/4-inch-thick
- 4 ounces chorizo
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and seeded
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon piment d’Espelette (Espelette pepper)
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) trout, cleaned and boned
- 8 to 12 slices prosciutto
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees; with the rack in the center of the oven.
- Cut the green, red, and yellow peppers, onion, and chorizo into 1-by-1/4-inch-thick lengths. Place peppers and chorizo into a large skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cream, tomato, and the piment d'Espelette; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the cream has reduced and thickened, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the inside of each trout with salt and white pepper. Place 2 pieces of prosciutto vertically, slightly overlapping, on work surface. Place a trout across the center of the prosciutto slices. Wrap each slice of prosciutto around the trout. Repeat process with remaining prosciutto and trout.
- Place the trout on the vegetable mixture, and bake until the trout are cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.