Use to make Miller Union chef Steven Satterfield's Cherry-Pecan Cornbread Dressing.
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2010
Yield Makes enough for 12 servings of dressing
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more unmelted for baking dish
- 1 1/2 cups stone ground cornmeal
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and buttermilk. Whisk egg mixture into cornmeal mixture and stir in melted butter until mixture is well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and transfer to oven. Bake until center is set and golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely before using. Cornbread for dressing is best when made a day in advance.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.