Herbed Veal Chops
When purchasing the veal chops, have your butcher remove the chine bone, cut the rib bone to a 5-inch length, and then french the rib bone; have all fat removed and the chops pounded to a 1/4-inch thickness.
Martha Stewart Living, June 1998
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh marjoram
- 4 eight-ounce rib veal chops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a dish large enough to accomodate the 4 chops, combine olive oil, lime juice, and garlic; sprinkle half of each of the herbs on top. Season chops with pepper, and set in marinade. Turn chops over several times to coat both sides well. Sprinkle the remaining herbs on top of chops, and turn several times. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, and set aside at room temperature to marinate, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to hot. Season chops with salt, and place on grill. Cook until chops are medium rare, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat, and transfer to a serving dish.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.