Look for fresh lemongrass in Asian markets and some supermarkets.
Martha Stewart Living, October 2001
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, pounded, cut in 1/2-inch pieces (1 tablespoon dried)
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallots, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, and water. Cover; cook until very tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Uncover; cook until liquid has evaporated, about 1 minute more. Transfer to a food processor; puree to form a smooth paste. Keep, refrigerated, up to 2 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.