Cream Cheese-Lemon Bows
These bows are piped, baked, and dusted with confectioners' sugar.
Replace the confectioners' sugar with golden luster dust to make the cookies featured on "Martha Stewart's Holiday Open House."
Holiday Cookies 2005
- 1 cup unsalted butter, (2 sticks), softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling
- Put butter and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until creamy. Mix in granulated sugar. Add egg, lemon zest, and lemon juice; mix well. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl; mix into butter mixture on low speed.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a small amount of the dough in a pastry bag fitted with a large French tip (such as Ateco #865). Holding tip very close to the surface, pipe 3 1/2-inch bows onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper; space 1 inch apart. Refill pastry bag as needed with remaining dough. Bake cookies until golden brown on bottom, about 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.