Watercress, Avocado, and Mango Salad
Serve this light and refreshing salad recipe from chef Emeril Lagasse with his Soft-Shell Crabs for an unforgettable meal.
The Martha Stewart Show, May 2009
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon very finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon very finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces watercress
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into 6 wedges
- Place grapefruit juice in a small non-reactive saucepan; simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cooled grapefruit juice, honey, shallot, mustard, and garlic. Slowly whisk in olive oil until an emulsion is formed. Stir in basil and season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Place watercress in a large bowl along with mango and 1/4 cup vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Top with avocado slices and drizzle with more vinaigrette, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.