Martha Stewart Kids, Spring/Winter
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with a rack in the top position. Slice bread in half horizontally. In a small bowl, mix together butter, garlic, and salt. Spread seasoned butter on cut sides of both bread halves.
- Reclose halves to form a sandwich, and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake 10 minutes. Switch oven setting to broil. Remove bread from oven, and remove foil.
- Lay bread halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Place under broiler until butter bubbles and edges of bread start to turn brown, about 30 seconds. Let cool slightly, then slice into serving pieces.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.