This makes a very soft dough; it is best rolled directly onto plastic wrap or parchment paper. Use this to make Rich Chocolate Tart.
Celebrating 2000, Special Issue 2000
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 7 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- Place flour, cocoa powder, and confectioners' sugar in the bowl of a food processor; pulse to combine. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- With motor running, add egg yolk, then 1 to 2 tablespoons ice water; process just until dough begins to come together.
- Shape dough into disk; wrap in plastic, and chill at least 1 hour.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.