Photo: Dana Gallagher
Cheese Short Crust
Martha Stewart Living, October 2005
- Yield Makes enough for eight 4-inch double-crust pies or one 10-inch pie
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated manchego or Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup cold (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup ice water
- Pulse flour, cheese, sugar, salt, and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add egg yolk; pulse to combine. With processor running, drizzle in 1/4 cup water until dough just comes together. (If dough is still crumbly, add up to 1/4 cup more water, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Do not process for more than 20 seconds. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.