Tarragon Vegetable Broth
Martha Stewart Living Television, March 2001
- 2 small carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium leek, coarsely chopped and well washed
- 1 medium ripe tomato, coarsely chopped
- 15 whole black peppercorns
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
- Combine carrots, celery, onion, leek, tomato, peppercorns, garlic, and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook for 45 minutes. Add the wine, vinegar, and thyme; cook for 15 minutes more. Remove from heat. Add tarragon, and allow to cool to room temperature. Strain just before using. The broth can be stored refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.