A fool is a simple dessert made with fresh fruit and whipped cream.
Martha Stewart Living, September 1994
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries, washed and picked over
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, or to taste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a small, nonreactive saucepan, combine blueberries, lemon juice, granulated sugar, and 2 tablespoons water. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until blueberries begin to break down and juices boil and thicken, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and transfer to a small bowl. Place bowl in a larger bowl of ice water, and stir mixture occasionally until cold.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form; fold in 1/3 cup of the blueberry sauce. Divide among four dessert dishes, and spoon remaining sauce over tops.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.