Macerated Berry and Creme Fraiche Parfait
The rich, tangy creme fraiche and a bit of vinegar cut the sweetness of the berries. You can also use vanilla ice cream in place of the creme fraiche.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2001
- 12 ounces assorted berries, such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- One 8-ounce container creme fraiche
- Amaretti biscuits
- Combine berries in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and vinegar. Let sit, stirring occasionally, until berries soften and start to release juices, about 30 minutes.
- Layer berries with creme fraiche in parfait glasses. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 3 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with crumbled amaretti biscuits.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.