Sauteed Sesame Spinach with Asparagus
Serve this delicious spinach recipe from Repast restaurant's Joe Truex with his Repast-Style Crab Cakes for an unforgettable meal.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2009
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, ribs removed, and julienned
- 1/2 cup small oyster or maitake mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 bunch medium asparagus tips (about 2 inches long), halved lengthwise
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup packed baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, toasted and ground
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Heat sesame oil, olive oil, and garlic in a medium skillet over high heat until garlic starts to brown, about 1 minute. Add pepper, mushrooms, and asparagus. Cook, stirring, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach and continue cooking until slightly wilted. Sprinkle vegetables with sesame seeds and serve immediately, garnished with lime wedges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.