Almond Tart Crust
Yield Makes one 10-inch tart
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for hands
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack in center. Butter a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine flour, sugar, and salt.
- In a small glass measuring cup, stir together butter, vanilla, and 1/2 tablespoon water; pour over flour mixture. Stir to combine.
- With floured hands, press dough into prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove tart shell from oven.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.