You can store these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Martha Stewart Living Special Issues, 2005
Yield Makes 9 large or 16 small squares
- 9 tablespoons (1 1/8 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds, (3 ounces), toasted
- 1 pint raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a buttered 8-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper, allowing 2 inches to hang over sides. Butter lining (excluding overhang); set pan aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, and set aside.
- Put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; cream on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Add flour mixture, and beat on low speed, scraping down sides of bowl, until well incorporated. Mix 3/4 cup almonds into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; spread with a rubber spatula. Scatter berries and remaining 1/4 cup nuts over batter in pan. Bake until a cake tester inserted into blondies (avoid center and edges) comes out with a few crumbs but is not wet, 55 to 60 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar before cutting into squares.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.