Orange Spiced Cashews
Martha Stewart Living, October 2003
- 2 1/2 cups whole cashews
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl, mix cashews with corn syrup until evenly coated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, zest, ginger, coriander, cumin, and cayenne. Sprinkle mixture over nuts, and stir until nuts are evenly coated. Transfer to one of the prepared baking sheets; spread in a single layer, separating nuts.
- Bake until the nuts are golden and the syrup is bubbling, about 15 minutes. Immediately transfer nuts to the other baking sheet. Separate cashews; let cool.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.