Fresh Pork Sausage
This sausage recipe is from Chef Vitaly Paley's "The Paley's Place Cookbook" and is used in his Savory Bread Pudding.
The Martha Stewart Show, December Winter 2008
Yield Makes about 1 1/4 pounds
- 1 pound ground pork shoulder
- 5 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Gather sausage mixture together in a ball, cover, and refrigerate overnight. Sausage may be frozen for up to one month.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.