- 9 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large white onion, quartered
- 3 jalapeno chiles, plus more if desired
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Coarse salt
- Preheat broiler. Place tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, and garlic on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until tomatoes and jalapenos are charred, about 7 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the roasted garlic. Transfer to a blender along with the charred tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, and 1 tablespoon salt. Puree until smooth. For a thinner consistency, add water as needed. Season with salt to taste.
This salsa can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.