Tangy Tabbouleh Salad
Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1996
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 ears fresh corn or 1 cup frozen
- 3/4 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/4-inch long pieces
- 1/2 (about 1 cup) fennel bulb, julienned
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, cover bulgur with 3 cups boiling water. Let stand 45 minutes. Drain well; return to bowl. Meanwhile, cook asparagus in boiling water until bright green and crisp, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to ice water to cool; drain and pat dry. Cut kernels off cobs, and cook in boiling water, 3 minutes; drain and let cool.
- Add asparagus, corn, fennel, scallions, and cilantro to bulgur; toss to combine.
- In a bowl, whisk lime juice, sour cream, oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over salad; toss. Serve at room temperature, or refrigerate.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.