This basil-infused tropical-fruit blend balances sweetness with earthy herbs and, on a hot day, will leave your parched compadres pleased as -- wait for it -- punch.
Blueprint, July/August 2007
- 1 cup guava juice
- 1 cup passion fruit juice
- 1 cup lychee juice
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup fresh-squeezed key lime (or regular lime) juice
- 1/2 cup tangerine juice
- Lime slices, for garnish
- Mix guava, passion fruit, and lychee juices (we like Ceres brand) in a large pitcher. In a saucepan, combine 1 cup of the fruit-juice mixture with the basil. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool, and strain, discarding basil.
- Pour infused juice back into pitcher, and stir in lime and tangerine juices. (Optional: Add 1 cup rum.) Ladle over ice and garnish with basil and lime.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.