Ginger Berry Compote with Angel Food Cake
Everyday Food, January/February 2006
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 1 bag (1 pound) frozen mixed berries, unthawed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 (about 13 ounces) store-bought angel food cake, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine berries, sugar, zest, and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, until berries have softened and released their juices, 10 to 12 minutes. Let compote cool slightly.
- Cut angel food cake into 8 wedges. Spoon compote over or alongside cake wedges and serve. (Compote can be served at room temperature or cold.)
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.