Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots
Everyday Food, December 2005
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced into rings
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- In a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat; swirl to coat bottom of pan. Add shallots; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans until fork-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain; return to pot. Toss with remaining tablespoon butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer green beans to a serving dish; top with caramelized shallots.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.