Celery Root, Potato, and Leek Home Fries
Celery root and leeks make home fries into a sophisticated side dish for dinner.
Martha Stewart Living, March 1996
- 5 medium leeks (about 1 1/2 pounds), white and light-green parts only, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium all-purpose potatoes (about 12 ounces), peeled and cut into matchsticks (1 inch long by 1/4 inch wide)
- 1 celery root (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into matchsticks (1 inch long by 1/4 inch wide)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place sliced leeks in a large bowl of cold water. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to rid them of dirt and sand. Lift out of water with a slotted spoon and drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and other remaining ingredients and cook, turning the vegetables frequently, until browned, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Adjust seasonings; serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.