Burgers with Red Onion Jam
The secret to great hamburgers is in the ingredients, according to chef Michael Lomonaco. He recommends using equal parts sirloin and chuck.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2007
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 pound ground chuck
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sliced cheddar cheese, for serving (optional)
- 4 brioche burger buns, split
- Sliced tomatoes, for serving (optional)
- Red Onion Jam (http://www.marthastewart.com/259093/red-onion-jam), for serving
- In a large bowl, mix together sirloin and chuck. Gently form into 4 equal patties. Season patties with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill pan or large skillet over medium-high heat. Oil a grill pan or skillet. Heat for 1 minute; add patties. Cook, turning once, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Cook 1 or 2 minutes longer per side for a more well-done burger. Top burgers with cheese if desired, and cook until melted.
- Place each burger on a bun, and serve with tomatoes and red onion jam, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.