Spicy Broccoli with Garlic
Everyday Food, March/April 2003
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- Peel and slice thick stems from broccoli; separate florets.
- In a skillet, bring water to a simmer over medium-low heat. Add stems and florets; cook, covered, until bright green, 4 minutes.
- Stir in olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and crushed red pepper. Cook 4 minutes.
- Turn off heat; stir in vinegar.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.