Basically, this recipe is nothing more than bacon and eggs with pasta, and many versions of it exist -- some with the addition of cream and sometimes wine and parsley, too.From the book "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
Mad Hungry, September 2010
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 pound bacon, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and cook the spaghetti. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-low heat until just crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Skim off some of the fat. Drain the pasta, add to the bacon in the pan, and toss to combine.
- Whisk together the eggs, cheese, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour into the pasta, and combine thoroughly. Serve immediately with extra grated cheese, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.