Make these eggs in the morning, and then cover and refrigerate until the afternoon.
Everyday Food, March 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 2
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- Dash of hot sauce
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Thinly sliced scallions or paprika, optional, for serving
- Place 4 large eggs in a small saucepan; add water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat; cover, and let stand 13 minutes. Drain; rinse eggs under cold water. Peel eggs; halve lengthwise. Remove yolks leaving whites intact; place yolks in a medium bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon each Dijon mustard and white-wine vinegar, and a dash of hot sauce; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Mash together with a fork until combined.
- Spoon filling into egg whites; sprinkle with thinly sliced scallions or paprika.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.