Peanut Butter Cookies
Everyday Food, March 2004
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Makes 48
- 1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, sugar, and butter until smooth. Beat in egg. Gradually add flour mixture, beating to combine.
- Pinch off dough by the tablespoon; roll into balls. Place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Using a fork, press balls in a crisscross pattern, flattening to a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Bake cookies, rotating halfway through, until lightly golden, 18 to 22 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.