Everyday Food, October 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes, and more for serving
- 3 pounds broccoli rabe, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a 5-quart saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, combine 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, 1 cup water, and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
- Add 3 pounds broccoli rabe, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cover, and cook until wilted, about 4 to 6 minutes. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Serve immediately (use a slotted spoon, leaving liquid behind in pan), with more red-pepper flakes on the side, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.