Mashed White Beans
Everyday Food, December 2003
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (19 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage, (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring often, until golden, about 1 minute.
- Add beans, sage, and 1 1/4 cups water. Cook, stirring often, until beans are hot and liquid thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Mash beans, leaving some whole. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.