Crisp wedges of a potato pancake make for a pleasant break from routine side dishes.
Everyday Food, October 2008
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or scallions
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place potatoes between paper towels; press to remove excess moisture. Transfer potatoes and chives to a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Add potato mixture; press with a heatproof spatula to flatten and form into one even pancake. Cook until underside is golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Slide pancake onto a plate; invert onto a second plate. Slide pancake (browned side up) back into skillet. Continue to cook until underside is golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes more. Slice into wedges before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.