The debate continues over whether or not to crush the mint leaves -- we decided we like them crushed.
Martha Stewart Living, August/September
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 24 mint leaves, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 2 cups finely crushed ice
- 1 cup bourbon
- Combine sugar, lemon juice, and mint leaves in a pitcher. Crush well with a wooden spoon. Add ice and bourbon, and mix well. Pour into silver tumblers, garnish with mint sprigs, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.