Everyday Food, June 2005
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 12 cups chopped romaine lettuce (about 1 head)
- 1 diced ripe avocado
- 2 halved and thinly sliced plum tomatoes
- 2 cups broken tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- 3 cups thawed <u>Taco Filling</u>
- Sour cream (optional)
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine chopped romaine lettuce, avocado, plum tomatoes, tortilla chips, and salsa.
- Meanwhile, heat taco filling in a saucepan over low heat (or in the microwave). Divide lettuce mixture among four plates; serve with filling. Garnish with sour cream, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, and more salsa, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.