Everyday Food, September 2003
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 can (16 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons minced roasted red peppers
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 diced jalapeno (seeded, if desired, for less heat)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, plus more for serving
- Hot sauce
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together peas, red peppers, tomato, jalapeno, parsley, oil, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, vinegar, and a dash of hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with a little more vinegar before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.