Sauteed Broccoli Rabe
Everyday Food, September 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook broccoli rabe until bright green, 45 to 60 seconds. Drain; set aside.
- Toast pine nuts in a skillet over medium heat, shaking skillet, until evenly golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes; remove from skillet. Heat oil in skillet. Add broccoli rabe; cook, tossing occasionally, until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Toss broccoli rabe with pine nuts and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.