Use this chile oil when making Garlic-Chile Shrimp Skewers with Peanut Noodles and Broccoli.
Everyday Food, March 2006
- Yield Makes 5 tablespoons
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Using a chef's knife, coarsely chop garlic with red-pepper flakes. Gather into a pile; sprinkle generously with salt.
- Place flat side of knife blade on top of garlic, with sharp side of blade facing away from you; press down firmly, pulling knife toward you. Repeat until a paste forms.
- Combine in a small bowl with vegetable oil.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.