Warm Salad with Egg and Pancetta
This recipe is brought to us by Cesare Casella, executive chef and owner of Beppe restaurant in New York City.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mixed dry herbs, such as rosemary, thyme, basil, savory, and mint
- 3 1/2 ounces pancetta, sliced and cut into strips
- 6 large eggs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups mixed salad greens, torn into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons Pontormo Dressing Pontormo Dressing (http://www.marthastewart.com/256032/pontormo-dressing)
- In a large skillet, combine oil, herbs, and pancetta. Place over medium heat, and cook until pancetta is transparent, 2 to 3 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a small bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Add eggs to the skillet and cook, stirring, with a heatproof rubber spatula, until scrambled. Be sure not to let them become too dry. If you see that they are becoming too dry, remove them from the heat and continue stirring.
- Place greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to combine. Add the scrambled eggs; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.