Almond-Apricot Chicken with Mint Pesto
If you're not using the pesto immediately, you can store it in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks; let come to room temperature before serving.
Everyday Food, May/June 2003
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 4 dried apricots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (3 tablespoons)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mint Pesto (http://www.marthastewart.com/261572/mint-pesto)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut a slit in one side of each chicken breast to create a pocket about 4 inches long.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup almonds with the goat cheese and apricots. Stuff each breast with 1/4 of the mixture. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- On a plate, combine breadcrumbs and remaining 1/4 cup almonds. Dip each breast into egg, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until golden, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to oven; bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Serve hot with pesto on the side.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.