Crisp, thin chocolate wafers are key to this no-bake dessert, layered with chocolate pudding and banana slices
Everyday Food, July/August 2010
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 26 chocolate wafers
- 3 bananas, thinly sliced lengthwise, plus 1/2 banana, sliced into rounds
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil over medium-high. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes. Add confectioners' sugar and whisk to combine. Let cool to room temperature.
- Layer 13 chocolate wafers in a 2-quart baking dish. Add half the chocolate mixture, then top with lengthwise banana slices. Top with 13 more cookies and remaining chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate until pudding is set and cookies are tender, about 2 hours (or up to 1 day). Top with round banana slices and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.