Spicy Plum Salsa
Juicy plums and cucumbers mixed with fiery jalapeno chile attain just the right balance of sweet and spicy.
Martha Stewart Living, March 2011
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Serves 12
- 4 to 6 firm but ripe red plums (1 pound 4 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon sugar, plus more if needed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 large jalapeno chile (seeded if desired), minced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Stir together plums, cucumber, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, garlic, ginger, jalapeno, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Adjust flavor with lime juice and sugar if needed. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Salsa can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.