Steamy Hot Chocolate
Everyday Food, January/February 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 quart milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, (optional)
- Put cocoa powder in saucepan. Stir in milk a bit at a time until cocoa liquefies; add remainder. Add chocolate chips; melt over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and pinch of salt. Ladle into mugs; top with whipped cream, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.