Mashed Potatoes with Goat Cheese
To keep mashed potatoes warm, or to reheat cold or leftover potatoes, transfer to a large bowl set over a pot filled with a few inches of simmering water. (Make sure the bowl does not come into contact with the water.)
Everyday Food, April 2006
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes (3 medium), peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce to medium-low, and simmer until tender, but not falling apart, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Drain and return potatoes to saucepan over medium-low heat; add milk and goat cheese. Mash with a potato masher until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper; fold in scallions, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.