A perfect snack to serve at holiday gatherings, this pecan-coated cheese ball is a party favorite. Serve it with raw vegetables and crisp crackers.
Everyday Food, December 2003
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours 50 minutes
- Yield Serves 16
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Ground pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese with cheddar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and a generous pinch of pepper until well combined. Mix in 1/4 cup pecans. Cover cheese mixture with plastic wrap, and chill at least 2 1/2 hours or up to overnight.
- Divide the cheese mixture in half, and shape each half into a ball. Spread remaining 3/4 cup pecans on a plate, and roll balls in pecans to coat completely, pressing nuts to adhere. Serve chilled.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.