Pappardelle Pasta with Mushrooms and Brussels Sprouts
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound egg pappardelle pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup small brussels sprouts, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh maitake mushrooms, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups fresh chanterelle mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped oregano
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a large pinch of salt and pasta. Cook according to package instructions.
- In a large straight-sided skillet, heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add shallots, and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add brussels sprouts and 2 tablespoons water. Season with salt. Cook until brussels sprouts are tender, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and oregano. Season with pepper. Cook until mushrooms have softened. Remove skillet from heat, and stir in remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Drain pasta, and transfer to a platter. Top with mushroom and brussels sprouts mixture. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.