Mini Cornbread Puddings
We called these cornbread puddings -- not muffins -- because they're far moister and more tender than what you might expect, thanks to sour cream in the batter.
Everyday Food, March 2007
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Makes 24
- Butter, room temperature, for pan
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels, thawed and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, with rack in upper third. Butter 24 mini muffin cups; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture. In well, whisk together egg, sour cream, and corn. Mix with flour mixture just until incorporated (do not overmix).
- Dividing evenly, spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Bake until tops have browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 10 to 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes in pan; turn out onto a cooling rack. Serve, or cool completely and store at room temperature in an airtight container, up to 2 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.