Roasted Beet Salad with Blue Cheese and Nuts
Good with pan-roasted fish or roasted beef or chicken
Everyday Food, November 2009
- 4 medium beets (1 1/2 pounds total), trimmed and unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Individually wrap 4 medium beets (1 1/2 pounds total), trimmed and unpeeled, in foil. Place on a baking sheet and roast until tender when pierced with a paring knife, 45 to 60 minutes. Let cool. Rub beets with paper towels to remove skins and cut into small wedges.
- Whisk together 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon white vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard; season with coarse salt and ground pepper and stir in 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley. Toss beets with dressing. Serve topped with 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese and 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.