Baby Spinach Salad with Tuna
The three components of this salad can be readied ahead of time and later mixed together for a healthful lunch. For the freshest tasting salad, open the can of tuna right before serving.
Everyday Food, May 2006
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 ounces baby spinach (about 3 cups, loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion (optional)
- 1 can (3 ounces) chunk light tuna packed in water
- Flatbreads, for serving (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, Dijon, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Place dressing in a resealable plastic bag or airtight container. Place spinach, grapes, and onion, if using, in another airtight container (separate from dressing). Refrigerate, up to overnight.
- Just before serving, drain tuna, add to salad, and toss with dressing. Include flatbreads, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.